The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started wheat yesterday. After a few changes my 7120 is during a good job. Smallwire concaves in front with four flaps attached. Replaced the Skipwires with Largewires in the rear. Set the last two vanes in fast position. Rotor 1000,Concaves 0-2, Fan 900, precleaner closed, top chaffer 14, bottom sieve 6. Had to change cleaning sieve from +2% back to 0. Tunnels are rotor 30% sieve25% tailings100% . Very little loss showing in rotor and sieve . 0 to very little showing in tailings. Running 3.2 to 3.4 mph , 90-95% power, 35ft draper. Wheat yielding 80-85 bpa. 13.5-15% moisture, Test weight 61-62 pounds, straw still green . Grain buyer said the sampler was the best he had received this year.Last year had a lot of 1 inch - 2 inch straw pieces . I guess it was from the skipwires.Put the adjustable deflector on spreader. Does a lot better job of spreading straw than with the rods that were used last year.Last year had a lack of power. Switched to Fleetgaurd fuel filters . Have not had a power problem since. I run 10% soy-diesel, Was told the case filters are having trouble with this type of fuel.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
fleetguard makes case filters, question for ya pro 600 monitor, go into engine on monitor, third or fourth screen, is machine set for boost or power rise, select power rise, gives ya max hp, what year ya got some updates, to software, what version, on pro 600, should be v25, scott.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Flaps bolt to the concaves. They hang down about 12 inches. The 7120 has the same rotor as a 8120 but narrower sieves. The flaps or curtains keep the grain from building up on the outsides of the grain pan over loading the cleaning shoe.

·
Registered
809 Posts
You sure have your bottom sieve a lot tighter than I can run my 8010 in corn. I would have filled up my cleaning fan housing in 10 feet with my sieve at 6. Maybe it's not a problem in wheat or is it the 7120?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
i run a 7120 as well in wheat, are you sure the preseive 0, i will have to check my settings but i thought we were around4, if we closed it then we would fill the fan housing, and fill the hopper with chaff, my sample was clean with a liitle unthrashed in tought conditions, with a 40 foot head in 50 plus crop running 6mph, i had a real hp problem as well and changed a few fuel filters till we chiped it, then it felt like the 8120s

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are the "flaps" for the rotor/concave aftermarket or a CIH part? If they are CIH could you provide a part #. If they are aftermarket, where did you source them? Sound like a good idea. Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer ,Hoobers in Middletown,Del. supplied the flaps. Not sure if they are Case or developed by Hoobers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The adjustable deflector was around $980.Not hard to change.Remove the six bolts that hold the cone that carries the rods.The same six bolts hold the deflector in place.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mike, it would be too much to ask to publish a photo of this spoiler to talk, because here in Argentina we have many problems in the spreading of 8010 because they do not cover the entire width of cut. Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the 7120 after running it a year. I have always had Deeres.7700,9600,CTS,9650,and 9660. I switched to Case for the design. Less belts,pulleys and chains. The concaves are easy to change and over all serviceability is easier. I like the self leveling cleaning system. It's a plus on even small slopes. I'm 52 and when I buy something I look for it to be simple and easy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mike, it would be too much to ask to publish a photo of this spoiler to talk, because here in Argentina we have many problems in the spreading of 8010 because they do not cover the entire width of cut. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mike I'd sure like to see a pic of these flaps that you are talking about. Seems like a sensible idea. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a chance to demo a 7010 with a 40' draper, would the same settings work or is the 7120 a different beast? I will be in very similar conditions. The yield may be closer to 100 bu/ac.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
same machine, just new number, got the latest and greatest, little brother to big dogs, make sure software is updated, pro 600 monitor, screen 5 or 6 go into engine, select power rise if you can, last years model 9120's where going to change to power rise, that gives max power, brought this to case's attension, make darn sure draper is set up correctly, may have to run for a day or two, have tech come back out, make sure he will you show how to set it, good luck, any questions, email in profile, scott.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks Mike for posting photos, I really are very helpful ... over here are not known and this much swearing for spreader to work properly.

Scott, I'm about to buy a draper for my 8010, that opinion is about their functioning can give me??

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts