The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a new to me 2012 7120 with a Pro 700. Is there a way to test if the sieve loss monitor works? I have run about 20 acres of corn and it doesn’t move. Rotor and tailings are reading and fluctuate. I have changed the sensitivity and nothing. Ideas?

· Registered
362 Posts
Check the wires where they run into the connector on the sensor At the back of the sieves. I believe it’s a 4 wire connector. It’s on the left side of the machine. Might have a broken wire there somewhere. Or ive seen the main harness that runs down the back of the left side of the machine go bad as well. had to replace them both at different times on my last 8240.

· Registered
59 Posts
Had a few wires go bad where the harness goes from the frame to the shoe. I'm thinking the shaking of the shoe makes the wires brittle.You will not always see physical damage , you have to strip it back, pull on each wire individually and you will notice right away it will start coming apart

· Registered
22 Posts
I rarely see sieve loss indicated with any of these I’ve ran, but yes they are working. They indicate loss on our steep hills especially when the right side is the high side or ascending a slope after descending a steep slope. You could always just close the top sieve enough to throw grain over to test it. I wouldn’t classify these as highly sensitive. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts