The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to adjust my top sieve and calibrate and noticed my left side is more closed than my right side i know on the bigger wider machines you can adjust that they adjust separately there are two adjustment handles in there that's tied to the motor linkage however those are just the very back foot or so of the sieve compared to the front three feet so that doesn't do nothing for my left to right side not sure if the linkage is just bent or whatever i talked to my dealer and he said that there was a way to adjust it but for the life of me i cannot figure it out about right just to pull the whole stupid s*** out has anyone else ran into this problem
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
“7120” ….. I thought these had one piece top & bottom sieves in them?

If not, or maybe it’s a typo (8120 perhaps)……… you’re best to pull the top & bottom sieves out & clean all the sides of them & the rails. Cleaning them of caked in debri will make it easier on the whole system.
Reinstall bottom & check side to side. If it’s not even, there’s a 10mm head bolt & nut on the linkage arm (near the handle) that you need to loosen & move whichever way is required to get both to open evenly. Retighten, then calibrate via the screen.
Do the same for the top sieve. I’ve never had any success in having the rear half of the top sieve more open or closed than the main part of the sieve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it out and cleaned up tested out of machine . worked better . I think the part of the problem is that both left and right side is driven off the same system and it is not centered . The drive system is more on the left side which is the side that closes most . I think when crap gets built up on both sides beings that the right side of the adjusster has more length and more to adjust it gets out of ballanced . It isn't bad just annoying seems to be a bit better after I cleaned it up.... I never noticed it before If I id not have my little plastic gage I probable would not have noticed it the difference from side to side...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts