The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Well I went from 7120's to 9230's and that was a huge jump! Really noticed the faster unload and better spreading but the power difference was huge. For me we run power-limit all the time so power=productivity.:) Unfortunately it is a thirsty machine too.:(

·
Registered
144 Posts
We currently run a 7230 and an 8230. Prior to that we ran a 7120 and an 8120. Both in exactly the same conditions with 40ft draper heads. We are in a corn/soybean rotation. No wheat. Generally speaking they do the exact same amount of work in a day. 7230 is 15% less fuel on a per acre basis. So my advice is save your money and stick with a class 7. Unless you are in really heavy wheat with green straw I doubt you will need the power of the class 8 with only a 35 ft. head.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Went from a 7120 to a 9230... Been running 45 foot head on both, found engine to hang in better in real tought conditions and keep rotor rpm more constant, but other then that very similar, new cab is sweeter and quicker unload, but 91 uses 15 percent more fuel and now dealing with def

Both are great machines

·
Registered
632 Posts
I found very little difference maybe a few hectares in a day when running our S670 alongside a 8120 both with 40ft drapers. This year will be a good test I will be up against a new lexion, if it doesn't walk all over our deere I will be surprised.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't know about a 7120, but have moved from 8120,s to 8230,s and could easily tell the increased capacity. Mainly strip a lot of sorghum with some irrigated stuff pushing 11 tonne/ha, the 8230 could easily sit on 100 tonne/hr in the irrigated sorghum. I would of thought that unless you had wheat yielding consistently 18bags/acre or better or you had to take a lot of straw there would be no need to go to an 8230.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I found very little difference maybe a few hectares in a day when running our S670 alongside a 8120 both with 40ft drapers. This year will be a good test I will be up against a new lexion, if it doesn't walk all over our deere I will be surprised.
If it's a 750DT Lexion expect it to be on par with an 8120, did thousands of acres with these machines side by side, very similar in capacity.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have a 7120 with a 35' flex draper and a 8230 with a 40' flex draper. In the same field of 50 bushel beans, with dry conditions the 8230 would cut about 6.2 mph, and the 7120 would be about 5.5 mph with the narrower head.

Milo showed the difference to be slightly more than beans. Corn we just run the 7120, as the trucks can't keep up with it so we sure don't need a bigger combine just to sit more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.