The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7120 with a 12r 38" drago corn head and it will not lift the head. Can you add a 3rd cylinder to this model or do you have to get the heavy duty cylinders and hardware for a 8120 and put on?

·
Registered
620 Posts
3rd cylinder has been done. Pieces to attach cylinder to lower feeder tube and combine frame have to be made from scratch and welded in. Works very good and does not impact lift and lower speed either. If you have no luck in getting pieces PM me and I can get info for you.
You could also install the HD lift package from the 8120. You will have to see which way is more economical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the 2 standard cylinders or have you added a 3rd cyl. or heavy duty ones? Just curious. It sucks having a new combine and head but they don't match up.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm not going to be any help solving your situation but I didn't want to see it just slide off the page.

Maybe you could give us some insight has to how you ended up in this situation with a NEW combine that won't lift the header? What were your reasons for not going with a bigger combine? Did the head and combine come from the same dealer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
need the bigger cyl never seen a kit for three on 7120 . I am sure if it needed 3 cyl factory would have it already welded on. They did this with the 2588.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts