The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever make a transport on 1 14' drill so you can go right down the road without unhooking.Bought the drill to seed low spots,it works good but do not like driving it on the packer wheels at 7 MPH.Looks to me the best option is to put a wheel on each end with hydraulic lift.

·
Ken Adams
1,355 Posts
Haven't done it yet, but my idea would be
-Plates on each end of drill, similar to factory transport plates, in attachment and sizing
-beam across back, I think 4x8"x 3/16", narrow side up and between end plates
-use two axles, similar to one on front of drill (short axle with hub on each end-not the castering part), with two 7.60x15 tires on each axle
-have 1 hyd cylinder on each axle, and have them pivot down and ahead so they are underneath 4x8 beam,and as close to packers as is reasonable

I believe factory transports were "not" rated for full boxes, and I can't remember what they were rated for, but I believe this should work for similar weight as only differece would be direction tires are running. Maybe some could share how full boxes are when they transport their drills with factory end tow transport

There was also something that leveled the packers when they were hanging. Might need to come up with something to hold heavy end of each packer assy up

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dad had modified ours for seeding sloughs also. Ours had factory transport on it. He cut off the vertical tubing that the hub is attached to and rotated it 90 degrees. Welded it back together with some extra bracing and it has worked great. Used it for probably 5 years now. I will take a picture when I am at the farm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.