The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leasing a 7230 combine and it has small wire concaves in it. Cutting some barley now running about 50-60bu/acre. Doesn't seem to allow the barley through fast enough. Is there a better option. I would think I should be able to get more than 800-900 bu/hr through it. I speed up and yield drops and keeps dropping. Any advice for next year if I grow barley.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
All 4 small wire? I can see that doesn't work. We use small wire row 1, large wire in 2 and 3, and slotted in row 4. Last year we were doing 1800-2000 bph, 35' swath and 100+ bpa barley at 4.5 mph with 8120. .25-.5 bpa loss at most.

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Started today great, up to 2200bph. then finished the barley just like yesterday. no idea what changed. had a 9650 walker running also. he also commented the only thing consistent today was change. oh well, off to some spring wheat for a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weather is annoying. cut for today, Lillian hrs, has to go slow for much of the day or would loose 3-4 bushel according to yield monitor and grain tank showed it. then suddenly could load it up and did great. I do believe it just the conditions. Been getting rains off and on most everyday this harvest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.