The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No power to starter solenoid. Checked fuses, if I jump from post on starter to solenoid it starts. I can hear to the clicking in the relays by the fuses in the cab when hydro lever is in neutral position. Key switch is good.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You probably got a bad relay . There should be a diagram of the " cube" relays that would control the starter BUT i would be pretty shure that there will be another back near the engine then the big one on the starter .

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You might want to check your fuses. There is also a fuse at the battery box I believe - if it is the same as a NH combine. I had a problem with my NH combine. We ran a wire down to the battery box and then used that to start the combine for a while until I had time to look into it the next year.

I had a DEF leak once as the plastic injection module cracked - no idea if that anything to do with it. It ran all over the place so not sure exactly what all got damaged! I was blowing the start fuse in the cab, I investigated and couldn't find a problem but somehow there seemed to be increase resistance somewhere. I ended up running a 20 amp fuse instead of a 15 (I think increased size by 5 or 10) as it was blowing it when I went to start. I have used it for 2 years like that and have never had a problem. Something to investigate. I never had any safety switch issues yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check for fuse at battery box. Fuses in cab and relays in cab are good, so are the neutral start switch. What other safety switches are there?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have you checked the fuse that RuninnRed suggested? It is in the battery box behind the rear battery it is a 30 amp blade fuse. Also fuse 41 in the cab it is a 15 amp blade fuse. Once we know those are good I would check relay K-015 on the 87 terminal with the key at start there should be 24 volts. If there is power there then we have to start looking at the connectors under the cab then one back above the feeder CVT. If no power at 87 then there should be 12 volts on pin 85 at start, ground continuity on 86, and 24 volts all the time on 30.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts