The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
machine starts and runs for a little bit then dies and pops the code 72e what does this mean and whats the quickest way to fix it? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
150 Posts
My diagnostic book says 72e is diagnostic codes signal stuck-low. This problem indicates a communication problem between the ecu and the dual display tachometer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
we had that exact code come up on our 9600, we put a new ecu on it and it was perfect.... but if you do try and find the part number for the ecu, its NOT in the 9600 book, its in the 9610 book.... for some stupid reason

·
Registered
653 Posts
Your diagnostic code output is too HIGH.

Code 71 or 72 occurs when the electronic govenor tester is unabel to read the diagnostic code output signal from the ecu.

If the input is shorted to ground or shorted to a voltage less than 2.5 volts anywhere in the harness the tester should display 72

You have a bad wire. ECU is the last thing u ever do. Unless you are really familiar with eltrical dianostics you need to call your local deere. If you have a multimeter handy and are familiar with your machine i can walk you thru the tests. Its is way to complecated to post on here. PM me or call me 6203530224 Rodney at 5-State Ag

·
Registered
653 Posts
It is gonna be a wire from your ecu to the connector at the back of the govenor on the injection pump. Look for any tight spots or rub spots on the loom/harness. I have seen them rub where it goes around the dipstick.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Book says:"is the ecu connector c750 properly connected? "This is the metal box that is mounted to the back panel of the engine compartment. Check the left hand plug. Clean pins and check for broken wires where the pin and the wire connect. We had a problem with oil pressure light on our 9510 and it was a broken wire at the tiny pins in those connectors. Back to our project, If the plugs and the connections are good , It says to refer to the schematic and repair cc#132 (which is wire marked #132) it is in the engine, r.h. main and cab harness. Alot of wire tracing if your problem is not at the ecu connector. Both of our wiring problems were wires broken at the back of the pin connectors. Took me nearly a week to trace down both of our wiring problems.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well thanks for some of the suggestions but im sure im going to end up calling the jd tech in. but i will check all the connectors and follow the 132 wire as much as i can.

·
Registered
400 Posts
we had a machine do that this year, he had a power box on it. unplugged it, cleared out the code and all was good. didn't act up after that

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jd mechanic came out today ran a jumper wire from the alternator to the fuel shut off ran fine traced it back to the little circuit breaker by the ecu box on the back panel of the engine compartment but the one that was on there was a ten amp and he replaced it with a thirty for now to get by for the day should i replace it back with a ten or wont it hurt anything else he said it wouldnt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts