The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used 2009 FD70 to go on my 2013 740 combine. My reel height sensor alarm goes off every time the machine is started and always has and icon warning on the cebis screen. I have every reel option turned off on my cebis but alarm and warning icon is still there. Any tips here to make it disappear or what am I missing?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Interesting. I have 2011 fd70 on 2011 740 with a newer software version in CEBIS.

Do you by chance have CEBIS set for a maxflex or similar under the header type? My original monitor did not have a header type setting IIRC. If it is set for a header that would have reel height potentiometer, I could see you having that issue. Set it for a more generic header name.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the option "cutterbar, other manufacture" selected in the cebis screen I believe but I will double check that.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Ok. If that is the case, I question if there is a pin on the header going into combine multi-coupler to make it think it has a reel pot, but really doesnt.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had my dealer check the pins on the head side and they said every pin I had was correct and needed. They did not see any extra pins. I will see if I can get a wiring diagram so I can verify which pins I have to make sure they are correct. The alarm and icon are more annoying than anything, it doesn't affect performance, just be nice if it was gone!! haha

·
Registered
70 Posts
Check to see if you have MD p/n 133683 installed on the FD70. The newer Lexions introduced the reel height sensor and if that part is missing it will throw the error in the cab.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
You mean macdon has a reel height potentiometer made to be used with lexion, and you can program the reel height in Cebis?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
You mean macdon has a reel height potentiometer made to be used with lexion, and you can program the reel height in Cebis?
No it's just a plug in thing that looks like a bullet. Has a resistor in it. Sends in rage voltage back to the machine so their is no alarm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts