The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 740 has done this a number of times. It did it so bad last year. It
Destroyed the belt. Service guy had to come and replace.
They also replaced some idler shaft. What happens. Is it falls over to the inner sheave on the motor. And when I engage the machine it rubs so belt guards.
The 740 has the same pully as the bigger machines. Which use all the sheaves.

Anybody else have this problem.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I don't know what to tell you. I have heard something like the long rotor drive belt can cause issues with the main belt on the other side of the machine.

If it happened so frequently that you could isolate it by removing belts it would help I guess. Can you maybe mount a camera in the area to watch or record when it happens? I am sure there will be some good suggestions on what to look for soon.

I assume it still jumped after the tech did the replacements?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Our 740 did that once last year.

There is a "keeper" bolted on there that keeps the belt tight enough to the pulley that it can't jump grooves but lets it have slack to disengage. Ours must have come loose as it had moved.

If it's been this much of a problem and tech had worked on it I doubt this is your issue... But it's all I can think of ATM.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Our 740 did that once last year.

There is a "keeper" bolted on there that keeps the belt tight enough to the pulley that it can't jump grooves but lets it have slack to disengage. Ours must have come loose as it had moved.

If it's been this much of a problem and tech had worked on it I doubt this is your issue... But it's all I can think of ATM.
I have not had this happen but would suggest it is happening because of too much space between the belt and the guide. If the guide is too far away and when you disengage the machine, the belt can do a lot of jumping and flipping around as it is running at full speed for quite a while with nothing to keep the belts in the grooves but the guides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.