The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what have been your combine settings in soybeans, there are some green stems out there as well. This is my first year raising them so just looking for some pointers. Lexion 760 w/ 40 ft macdon fd70. Thanks

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Do you have the tm6 sieve? I have been running anywhere from 480-620 cylinder speed with concave from 13-18mm. Rotors 100 rpm faster than cylinder with covers closed mostly. Fan 1170 and 13-16 top and 5-7 bottom. The tm6 will alow more open settings and slightly higher wind. I'm running small grain.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Do you have the tm6 sieve? I have been running anywhere from 480-620 cylinder speed with concave from 13-18mm. Rotors 100 rpm faster than cylinder with covers closed mostly. Fan 1170 and 13-16 top and 5-7 bottom. The tm6 will alow more open settings and slightly higher wind. I'm running small grain.
Do you get a lot if splits at those higher cylinder speeds? What concave and cylinder do you have.

That is my biggest challenge with the 740 compared to axial flows.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Do you get a lot if splits at those higher cylinder speeds? What concave and cylinder do you have.

That is my biggest challenge with the 740 compared to axial flows.
Yes we get a few more splits but on the commercial non seed side but it doesn't really matter if we get 2-3% splits, there are no deductions for that at the elevator.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
We don't run a long tooth but in beans, and every other crop other than corn, the tm6 is far superior. Much cleaner sample with way lower returns and slightly better losses. We have two with tm6 and one without. Next year all will have it.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
We don't run a long tooth but in beans, and every other crop other than corn, the tm6 is far superior. Much cleaner sample with way lower returns and slightly better losses. We have two with tm6 and one without. Next year all will have it.
Do you think the tm6 is as capable on hillsides with 3d for reducing grain loss?

Maybe I will be reinstalling the tm6 during our rain delay.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Do you think the tm6 is as capable on hillsides with 3d for reducing grain loss?

Maybe I will be reinstalling the tm6 during our rain delay.
I'm not too sure about hillsides. It will reduce returns which should reduce sieve load so it should help. Our beans this year have been on fields that are flat enough the 3d sieve has been doing a good job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.