The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're looking at buying a lexion 760 hybrid salesman says it can produce the same quality of straw as a walker combine. Can anyone who has actually windrowed straw out of a hybrid give me an honest opinion of the straw output? This is very important to our operation because about 60 percent of our grain clients are dairy farmers who want long clean straw. Thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
we have the 590 series but im sure the 700 series will be the same. In our area we have beef producers that look for straw and we have drop straw for them and we have drop straw that we have baled up to sell in low feed years here and i can say that sometimes you can get near to walker combine straw but not on average. it does take a little more adjusting to get good quality straw but then either your sample or capacity suffers to achieve this. Some years and especially wheat straw is hard to do. maybe others have better luck but i just haven't been able too consistently get good long straw out of our hybird.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,978 Posts
They do put out good straw, equal to Walker machine quality. But not if its hot dry and a hard thrashing variety. Then they turn it to chaff. Australian conditions.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
In between rotor and walker machine straw quality wise....just like the name "hybrid" suggests.

Windrow ed behind our 8230 and 740. 740 was much better but not a 9500 windrow .
+1. If the straw is still in good condition and the wheat hasn't been sittin out in the field ready for a week you can make good straw. If it old breaking down straw it will be very hard to bale. Combining late at night or early morning help but it will not as good as a conventional. Of course the losses will be better on the plus side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help everyone. Kinda what I figured as long as we can get decent straw I'll be happy! Just don't want to pull in the feild and have an axial flow windrow!! Lol, all the videos and pics I've seen do show a pretty nice row of straw behind these combines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.