The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We run two 76OTT combines with 1630 North Star heads. This year we purchased one 1630 Roto-Disc head but had major problems with feeder house belt slip. We were changing belts every other day. Has anyone else had problems like this.

·
Super Moderator
5,036 Posts
Not sure about the medium variable drive. Didn't know that they made a HD variable drive till we stated having problems so I would guess that is is the medium
Maybe not medium but there is fixed, low torque and a high torque drive.
I'm not sure what Claas actually calls them.
If you're unlucky enough (and I get the feeling you are) to have a 2014 the variable drive on those are, let's be kind here, gutless!:(
I think you can change the the spring, there was an update I believe.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I presume it is a variable speed feeder house. They are pathetic. Don't want to get me started on this one. Go buy a 2012 fixed speed. They will run it no problem. Not too often Claas goes backwards but they did here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did your 760tt have any problems running the North Star 1630? Not to high jack your thread but really curious cause I just purchased a 2012 760tt and looking at buying a 1630 drago non chopping head.

P.S. First post but have read about 500 plus of the 1948 post on the Claas/lexion board..... Also don't know Don Boles or Seedcleaner but they sure help push me into the scary plunge into a Claas from mother Deere. Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I have no problem running the north star head with eighter the 2013 or 2014 760TT. Wish I had known about the 200kw variable speed feeder house drive before I purchased these last two lexions but understand that it is a very expensive option

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.