The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says I have an issue where the chopper says radial spreader belt slip. I blew the little “a” series v belt and started watching the speeds while combining ripe standing canola and kept lowering my ground speed. I finally was down to 2.5 mph but still slipping alarm would come on occasionally. The paddles have about 2 millimeters to the side shield so pretty good there. I’ve overtightened the main “A” series belt and the last belt is tightened up by a hydraulic cylinder. I tried tightening plugging the return line on the cylinder to see if it was leaking internally but it wasn’t leaking with separator on and low engine speed. I Put a block in the rear paddles and tried to use pipe wrench to see if I could slip the clutch but it didn’t slip. The “b” series belt which is activated by the little hydraulic cylinder looks a little worn but not too bad. And runs smooth. Can’t combine like this stopping all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add if I Paully back on the stick as soon as alarm sounds I can get it to keep from stalling but it gets down to 50% slippage

·
Registered
12 Posts
My neighbor, had issues with his, not sure if it was the same symptoms, but the last pulley that drives the cross shaft to the two spreaders wasnt right. When he took the pulley off the shaft came with it and was wrecked. Sorry that's not a good description but I'd start by looking into the last pulley and cross shaft.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Can you look in the v-belt pulleys and see if any of the belts have rubbed the paint off of the bottom of the V portion of the pulley? If a v-belt goes to the bottom of a pulley, they will certainly slip. If the paint is gone there, that is proof the belt is not gripping.

If not, can you take some anti-belt slip dressing and do one belt to see if it gets better. If not, apply to the other belt to help determine the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Macogapi the pullet with slip clutch to the rotors seems good it feels tight and smooth.

Seedcleaner the paint is still on the bottom of the pulleys and up the sides of the sheaves. Looks good there.
the next thing I’m wondering is if previous owner took out some metal.
Where the two rotors “come together” against a shield is where they plug with material. Neighbor says he thinks on the intake to the rotors (between the chopper and the rotors) he has a plates there to make a “cavity” so that material doesn’t bridge and big down the rotor between the paddles and the shield. Does anyone have pictures of what it should look like?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts