The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this sitting at Little Morden Service in Morden Manitoba Canada. Looks nice. Also saw this huge bean windrower.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
561 Posts
If they were that worried about cracked beans that they installed a conveyor, why wouldnt they use a rotary combine??? It seems it would make more sense to do that on a 1682 or something

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know. People out here still pull Whites I think. Then you can use a conventional. For kidneys ya a 1682 would be better.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
200 Posts
these machines usually had a spike cylinder when set up for dry beans. very little cracking, and no rope making like a rotary would do in wet stemmed or dirty beans. we still use a jd 105 and 95 for specialty dry beans as they are very gentle when equipped with a bucket type clean grain elevator and a belt out the side of the grain tank. i have looked back several times in the grain tank and stared at a live and fully intact snake! not a rotary made that would do that!

·
Registered
530 Posts
CB hays bean harvesters always had spike tooth cylinders, rotors would crack them worse than a conventional, too much repeated contact with beans after initial threshing

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Hey AgcoFan, I didn't know you went out to Morden.

Next time say Hi to Andrew in parts. We get all of our parts out of there!

The JD and MF 700s were very popular for edible beans, with a conveyer for unloading. I've seen a few setups like that, but this is the first pulltype one.

-Christian

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just drove the lot. Never went inside. What parts do you get from them? Belarus?

Take care,

Nathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts