The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 7720 be able to handle a 843 or 844 corn header? We currently run a 444 for 38" rows and 643 for 30" rows but would like to run bigger headers. My thinking is if we cut down on trips across the field, maybe we could conserve a little fuel?

·
Registered
322 Posts
A guy here runs a 7720 Titan 2 with a 843. He likes it except that on decent corn he has to stop and back up and dump when opening up, because the bin isn't big enough to get through some fields, depending on yeild. Last year I ran cart for him for a few days and he had another guy there with a little older non titan 2 7720 with a 643 and they went almost the same speed, so the 8 row was getting a little more done. I think they were going right at 3 mph, and the corn was doing around 120 bu.

Conversly I've run a 643 on a 9600 a lot, and you can go way faster than I really want to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 844 will be too much for it in any corn yielding over 120 bu. We ran 844s on 8820IIs years ago and in 150+ bu corn over 15%, it would walk it out the back over 2.8-3.2 mph. Tom

·
Registered
200 Posts
i run an 843 on my 7720 II and have no problems with it. i have a loewen chaffer and sieve and have the slow down sieve drive sprocket installed. i can do about 3.5 in 160 bu. corn if it is 17 or under , and 3.1 for over 17. it was turned up by the first owner and that made a big change. i would think you would run out of power trying to harvest and unload on the go without it. i can do about 3.2 when unloading. don't go with an 8 row unless you have the 8820 final/planetary drives on though. duals help a lot too as you will have a full tank a lot and 8 rows are a lot on hills. i took out the filler plates last year and put in a st. john concave and got about 10 percent better fuel economy, so you might want to try that first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts