The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 7720 combine do i have to change concave to harvest wheat.when i bought it was harvesting corn.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
No disrespect combiness . . .

I was advised to do the opposite with regard to filler plates, remove them for wheat-eating capacity. I've bounced around the advice on filler plates a great deal. The one thing I've settled on them making sense for is high moisture corn. You'll get advice from both sides on this one to be sure.

For what it's worth, I did remove mine for wheat last year. However, I had never run it in wheat before. . .so no real comparison. I bought my bine from a dairy farmer, he did high moisture corn, kinda adds up. (Mine is a 4420)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
you had me wondering too when you said take out wires and put filler plates in... thought i musta been a** about all this time

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't pull any wires out! Just take out the filler plates between each bar and remove any concave fillers on the back side of the concave if they crawled inside and put them in. Not sure if they would have put them in or not? If you leave the plates in that fill in between bars it will vibrate your combine to death when harvesting wheat!

·
Registered
193 Posts
What else can you do with it? The junk yards don't even want them cause thier so JUNK!
And yes i did have a gleaner at one point in time and mark my words i will NEVER EVER have another gleaner in my lifetime!

·
Registered
193 Posts
no actually i had an F2! and combiness we had three different dealers out to set our machine and none of them could set it better than we could! they couldn't tell us a reason why it was cracking(GRINDING) so much grain. and it wasn't worn out my grandpa bought it new, it had done this from the get go!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts