The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures I got near Alleman, IA today. From talking to the farmer running the combine, a 1983 model, he said they were pretty good, didn't say how many bushels though, just glad to be cutting.

Larry

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Appears he rebuilt the header not too long ago or repainted the auger... it's still got green paint the whole way across... Nice machine though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Suprised to see a straw spreader and not a chopper. Are there alot of them that way? Does the screen on the unloading auger help much?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice looking combine. I see that you guys have the spreader on it. Why's that? Also, how's the 7720 handling the 25' platform? Wolf Mound farms has a 922 platform and just love it. Alex, we repaint all of our platforms and corn heads just because it looks better than the silver from wear.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Really sharp Ole' 7720.
I'm guessing it was bought new by them and has never seen a rain. I to am surprised that it doesn't have a chopper though. I wouldn't mind stealing the bin ext off it either.

·
Registered
521 Posts
How many here have those poly divider ends on the ends of the header? How do they work? I have been thinking about some, but wanted to know if they serve a good purpose, or just look neat..??

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think it just looks neat TxFarmer. The plastic and metal snouts are about the same dimension. The plastics are alot easier to handle though.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
if you wanna get a good quality, but small width snout, get a set of these from shoup.

we had a set last year before we sold our older 925 and they worked great, and have a set coming for our new one

·
Registered
321 Posts
very interesting to see a combine with a chaff spreader and a straw spreader also.

A very clean rig it looks like. There is a 6620 T2 locally that is just immaculate, I need to take some ics of it and post them, it's unreal.

Also, a guy I combine for has a 88 model 7720 T2 he bought new, I'm pretty sure it has never been rained on and has under 1500 on the tic-tic hour meter.

jd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts