The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 7720 Titan II with a 922 header in soybeans. I have to have the concave cranked down to 0-2 on the indicator in order not to have unshelled pods going over the walkers. The beans are double crops and are averaging 35-40. Cylinder speed is 500-550 and I'm running 2.5mph(with hp being the limiting factor). Any ideas on why I have to have the concave closed so much outside of the recommended settings? This is a real bummer as the power requirements are really limiting my capacity.

I usually have to have the concave tighter than the recommened settings in corn also to avoid leaving unshelled corn on the cobs. I usually have to run 8-12 vs the recommened 15-20.

Is this common or am I over looking something worn out/not functioning properly?

·
Registered
530 Posts
The back of the concave must be too loose, tighten the back to 3/16", it the concave is still straight then that should take care of it, or speed up the cylinder up a bit, but not too much to cause cracking, this will help power too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i had a 8820 titan 2 in the shop a while ago and the bracket for the front left corner of the concave broke making the concave fall down on that side we have had a few of them do this to us. other than that check your clearances

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cylinder bars can make a difference as well. I've seen bars completely smooth under the returns auger opening, while the rest of the bars are pretty good yet. The crop goes past the smooth part w/o getting threshed. I would have to bet you have a broken concave bracket or a bent concave though as previously stated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts