The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must have been an attachment to set the fan speed from in side the cab. A switch on the dash " wind.....something", I forget now just what it is called. Did this work well or not? Reason I am asking is a combine I got has the switch but is missing the motor part or what ever it was down on the fan adjustment. Can you get parts for this or is it worth the trouble? Thanks for any information you can give me.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've never heard of this,,,, I'm anxious to hear what others have to say. This would be a good thing to add on if the components are still available.

·
Registered
200 Posts
you could make one for 20 bucks. use the motor drive and gear reduction off of an old satellite dish jack. they revolve real slow and will work from 6 to 36 volts dc. replace the screw on the adjuster with a longer one and mount the motor on it and a little arm to something fixed to act as a torque arm. run two sets of lines to the cab and mount a double throw/ double pole switch in the cab.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The kit was made by Airdesign. They don't make the kit anymore but told me to get a window motor out of an IHC pickup that was about the same. I've got a picture of one that's on my neighbors 7720. I was wanting to put one on mine but never did. He says his works fine. Email me if you want the picture I took

Pat
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts