The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 7720 combine started leaking hyd. oil from the tank. We removed it from the combine and braized the crack inthe weld where it was leaking but after 3 times doing this we cannot get it to stop leaking. It is not as bad as it was but it's still making mess my question is, canthis be succesfully fixed or is it made of some material that can't be welded. It seems to develop new spider web cracks when it cools after welding. Any help would be appreciated new tank over $600. Thanks;Paul

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you tried to braize it and still leaks, I'd be looking for a replacement. I'm sure you could find one at a salvage yard cheaper than $600. Hyd. oil can get expensive real quick.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom; I haven't heard of doing the hole drill thing, the cracks don't always be in the same spot it seems maybe we just got the thing too hot and now it's gone brittle. Hogman; the cost of oil I could live with it's the mess that's driving me nuts. Have got one coming from used parts for $250; still enough but if it cures it then I'll be happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts