The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question about this. I, too, have a 7720 hydrostat combine and my light is on as well. I was wondering is it common for it to slow down from 12 to 14 mph to around 3 to 5 mph on a grade? Also, I noticed yesterday that some of my hydro fluid spilled onto my driver side tire after I shifted gears while sitting still, is there a reason for that? This is my first combine so I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It doesn't sound good. The dealer can do some pressure checks to make sure it is up to snuff. Does it run warm? If it is relieving all the time it will heat the oil and ultimately engine temp will run hotter. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. It doesn't run hot or anything. The guy that I bought it from had someone to drive it to my place, which was about 50 miles down the highway and the grades were pretty steep. Outside of that, it was fine.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Definitely not right. Should not slow down anywhere near that much, maybe loose a few mph on a grade, but should also pull the motor down. And should not be puking oil. Can't tell you what is wrong, but something is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts