The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family has been thinking about replacing the old 7720 with a 1660 with 3470 hrs and i have got a few questions (please bear with me I'm not to familiar with Case combines). The one we are interested in has a specialty rotor. Whats the big difference between a specialty and a standard rotor? We will be running only in soybeans and corn, is the specialty better for this job?

This combine is a 1989 so would it have a Cummins in it? And finally whats the major advantage of a rotor over a conventional in corn and soybeans? My dad has never ran a rotor and is worried about buying something he is completely unfamiliar with. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, so i got some info back on the 1660. Dealer said wear points are in fair condition, but will need work sometime soon. The big problem with this combine is it needs a new rear main seal. How much will this cost? And almost as important to us as the cost, is how big of a pain in the a** will it be to replace the seal by ourselves?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We decided to pass on this combine. There is just to much wrong with it. Does anyone how of any other "decent" combines in the mid MO area for under $20,000?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts