The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks have a late model 7720 T2 combine air foil chaffer and i am picking 240+ bushel corn in anybodies opinion how fast should my fan speed be?
6 row head
i have read a lot about running high fan speed but the little i have picked the slower the fan the less thrown out. Any thoughts and comments appreciated.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I run an airfoil in my 8820 T2. Granted i have never had the machine in corn, but with any other grain, you turn up the air until you start loading the return with free grain, then cut the air back 20 to 50 RPM. In corn you will be running your sieve fairly open so you won't have the problem of cutting off the supply of air to the airfoil chaffer that we run into in small grains like canola. Fan just fast enough to give a clean sample but slow enough to stop blowing free grain into the return or over the back. The return sample door in the cab was both a dusty, noisy pain, and one of the better ways for an operator to check the machine throughout the day on the older JD combines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.