The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trans oil light on my 7720 is coming on when I'm sitting still or in reverse but does go off when moving forward. Is this ok or is there a problem.
Also the red light is staying on for the engine speed even when fully sped up to 1970 engine rpm.
Any help or comments appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The transmission oil light on our 8820 does the same thing. Has done it for as long as i can remember. I don't recall if it does it in reverse. I would be on the safe side and check the oil in the transmission just in case. About every two years we have to add oil to transmission because the oil light will start flashing on and off occasionally when moving forward.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Light always comes on when you are stopped or going to slow in to high of gear.
1970 rpm is not fast enough for engine speed light to go off. Full throttle should be 2350 rpm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all you replied. Throttle problem was a result of the kill cable had slipped and throttle arm would not fully extend..

·
Registered
7 Posts
The transmissin lube pump is mounted on the input shaft of the tranny. In neutral you can push the hydro lever forward or backward and the light will go out, because you have charge pressure once the tranny is turning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is normal. Explanation can be found on page 11 of the combine manual under transmission oil pressure. Having said that, from season to season I forget that. I back up in the field, the light comes on. Then I say "now what the **** is going on."It fools me for a bit. Have a safe harvest.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Now if the light dose not go out on a hydrostatic drive in forward then you have a problem, like the sensor bad, wire bad, broke the pin in the lube pump, the lube pump bad, no oil. It needs lube oil pressure in forward and reverse only moves a short distance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a quick question about this. I, too, have a 7720 hydrostat combine and my light is on as well. I was wondering is it common for it to slow down from 12 to 14 mph to around 5 on a grade? Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts