The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad was thinking about putting bolt on plastic flighting on the unloading auger. Is this a good idea? Help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wouldn't. You're only delaying the inevitable cuz that plastic will wear out and you be right back where you started. I'd go for the real replacement, if I were selling you parts, I'd say get a whole new auger, but since I'm not try to find somebody that reflights augers. I can't think of any right off hand, but a welding shop should be able to fix it for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is a company called Lundell plastics from Odebolt Ia, that I am going to try on my 9610, also Schmidt Machine Company in Upper Sandusky Ohio makes replacement augers and rebuilds new ones for a lot less than Deere and they are considerably heavier and balanced ! I have used these on many of my customer machines with excellent service life and performance. I have seen replacement flighting in the Shoup book too. Balancing is definitely worth the effort.

·
Registered
16 Posts
have used the plastic replacement flighting on a 800 kinze unloading auger and it did fine .don't remember how many years it has been on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I put alot of plastic on bin loading augers and the customers love it. We usualy put it in the first two or three turns on top then when the bottom starts to wear really bad we replace the auger. With the large bin extensions now being put on it doesn't take but a year and the top of teh bin load auger is shot. I also had a customer put it on teh short horizontal auger and it has been in for about 4 years and the plastic still looks new. I don'e like putting it on the vertical augers because it takes up too much space and slows down the unloading time a little. We sell our plastic from Lundell and they are a great company to work with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts