The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok sounds obsurd but just trying to takle combine capacity from a different angle.

tell us about your productivity changes as you have changed machines through time.

have you changed from 2 machines to 1 or 3 to 2 and maintained productivity.

you don't have to go as far back as the 7720 but list machines that most people can compare as they have driven themselves.

it should shed light on what we can expect from a new machine regardless of region as the percentage change should be able to roughly be multiplied out

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't think it's that simple a deal to do a productivity comparison this way. Most peoples acreages have changed over the years, the hybrids are different, yields are different,,,just to many variables. The newer machines have a lot more capacity, that's for sure. However, durability,,,, that's a subject for another time...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it dosent have to go as far back as the 7720 but it is of intrest running 9650 vs 9760 vs 9870 etc. machines are brought for a task in an area. some people have expanded their operations because of availability of gear and some have sold multiple harvesters to do the same job with one. my point is we have all driven the old headers oops sorry combines, and know what they are capable of so the comparison stands.

we don't have the luxury of testing the big machines all seasons and all crops and the salesman will say whatever he needs to make a sale. your comparison through time whatever the combine the you have operated would be valuable.

you may have bought a 9750 for 2000 acres we could use it on 4500 acres if you replaced it with a 98XX to do the 3000 acres it should to some resembelence multiply out to nearly 6000 acres for me. should be largely transferable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts