The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please help me with my cart.I cant get the shaft rate to display on the monitor. It always says 0. I can get shaft rpm but no rate. any help would be grea

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I have. the only problem is I dont have a density scale I'm trying to get one from my dealer, so I'm guessing on the density weight I've tried different weight settings but it still says 0.0 for the lbs/acre. it shows shaft rpm fine. I have noticed that when I turn on the master switch and clutch switch for either front or rear bin it says no seed. I am moving when I engage clutches. could this be a factor

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I’m guessing that you have an issue in the monitor itself. The only sensors that should have a bearing on your application rate calculation are the rpm sensors on the rollers themselves. As far as I know the application rate is simply a calculation done by the monitor based on the parameters you input and the roller rpm measured by the sensors.
The only other sensors on the air/meter system are air velocity sensors, I was once told by an ex Flexicoil engineer that those things can make the rest of the system go wonky when they fail.

If you have a reliable Flexicoil dealer maybe give them a call and ask if they’ve seen the problem before, maybe they will have some insight. Don’t bother with Deere dealers they are absolutely useless when it comes to 787s in my experience.

I’ll have a look in my books to see if I can figure out anything else. I’ve got 2 of these tanks with no plans of replacing them any time soon. The more info available the better,.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thank you for the input and yeah I have no Deere dealership help here whatsoever with the thing. I was wondering where the monitor says no seed would that be a calls to the problem because the only way I can get back to anything is hitting the alarm silent to get back to looking at my air i wonder if that would be causing it not show a weight because it think there is no seed going through the system

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just tried moving the machine a small distance. I do not have a speed being displayed. tractor was going from 2.5 to 4 mph but monitor says 0.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Are the sensors at the meter roller cleaned and adjusted properly?
Have you checked the ground/earth connections have good contact, where the sensor wires go to ground at the cart?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I don't know if there is a way of testing those speed sensors and don't quote me but I thought the sensors for the fan, meter rolls and for the ground speed are all the same sensor style. Never the less you should find the ground speed sensor located on a bracket that is along the length of the shaft which is driven off of the right hand rear wheel, shouldn't be that far from where the main clutch is on that common shaft and I think it uses a sprocket keyed to the shaft to read off of its teeth much like the metering rolls do. I am not sure what the clearance is supposed to be from the object that turns past its sensor end but should be similar to what you see for the metering rolls. Of course all those sensors are never cheap and if is determined that its not wrecked mechanically and everything is clean on the sprocket teeth and that its plugged in, you could always undo one of the sensors from a metering roll and swap it to the rear wheel to confirm its the sensor and not some other wiring issue. That's what I would do as a first action to check out as those sensors can just seem to die at some point in their life and show no external reason why it should have.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Clean out a grease/gunked up sensor sprocket as well if that appears to be the case along with the sensor surface. If you swap sensors, be sure to mark the wheel speed sensor with some tape etc on its pigtail wire so you don't get it mixed up with another one !.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok will do. thanks so much for all the input. my local deere dealer is clueless to this rig, due to the nature of this being the only one around and not something usually seen in the are so any and all help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Yes, nothing fancy at all other then making sure the end surface is clean/wiped off and you don't see damage on the end such as the sprocket it reads off of having gouged its way into the surface for example. Clean out a gunked up sprocket as well and should be good. Obviously if something upstream with wiring or electronics isn't working, then its still not going to work. I don't have the 787 cart any longer but I had to change the fan speed sensor and in that case that's all it was.

·
Registered
583 Posts
On our Flexicoil cart we find that most of the time the problem like this is in the plug-in connectors in the harness between the cart and tractor. Have to clean them well with spray can of contact cleaner. Also, the pins in the plug-ins are easily damaged. If we have a problem with readouts we check for continuity in the harness first

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I had posted on your other thread similar to below.

You loose the ability to display shaft rpm when product rate is selected and vise versa.

Depending on what has been selected to display, you may need to select the other function... can't have both unfortunately.

Do you have the manual?

After reading this thread.

If it doesn't pick up your speed you won't be able to display lbs/acre.

If you have a manual, it'll describe how to test the sensors/clearances needed. I have heard all the sensors are the same on here a number of times. With that said it sounds like no one replaces the bin sensor as they are spendy, rob peter pay paul as needed. If there is a manufactures part number on them, I would go that route. Other option would be to pull one off and bring it to a automation store, they'd likely reluctantly help you out (my plan if that time comes).

I think agtronics(?) tests the monitor/module. I sent both mine in last year for testing. $600 later and I had a new led light for the meter...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks everyone for all the help. I think I discovered the problem. while cleaning the sensor I noticed the toothed sprocket had come unattached from the shaft is free spinning. temporarily secured it back to see if I could if sensor is good or bad and luckily everything works fine. just have to fix properly during the winter. wish I noticed this obvious thing but sometimes it's the easiest thing. thanks again for all the input and advice it will help in the future.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts