The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was browsing through the 2388 manuel tonight and found on one page that they say to not have the engine going above 2510rpm. So I started the combine and began easing the throttle up to the top position and found that it was running at 2560rpm. Anyone else's go that high? I think I'm goin to adjust the injection pump to bring it down to the reccomended setting of 2460-2510rpm. Anyone think that the extra 50rpm in previous seasons could have worn out or damaged the engine's bearings or compromised the strength of the connecting rods? Thanks for any reply's

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea Christian the engine wasn't that warm so when I get it warmed up and start combing I think ill be fine. Thanks for comments guys

·
Registered
57 Posts
How can the 8.3 1688 have more power at 2500 RPM than a 8.3 1680 at 2700 RPM?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The 8.3 wasn't nearly tapped out at 235hp. I think the 2700rpm thing was a hold over from the ih engines. They haven't redesigned the pullies to keep everything moving the right speed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Cummins motor in the 1680's that were still running at 2700 rpm weren't that happy and had lots of problems, once they slowed them down to 2500 the engines lasted much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts