The Combine Forum banner

8010---970 hours--wear points

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  redandgreen 
#1 ·
Dealer throwing me trade considerations on a 05' 8010 with just under a 1000 hours....

A machine that is going to come out of Iowa---replacing the bubble up auger.........to me, this is a red flag that basically means alot of wear on all the other flightings thruout the machine, just not as visable.

I have seen 8010's advtzd with extended wear packages...presume worth considering......

Going to be pretty dificult to make the trip to Iowa to take a look, but worried that a machine out of corn/bean country could have 2x or 2.5x the wear with that hrs on vrs a wheat country machine.

Does a macdon flex draper have plastic or protection plates underneath? Easy to lock up?

thanks for any thoughts/comments

#2 ·
where's it at?, I could look at it for you. if it is a extended wear the cone and cage are RED. they can have a SS elevator as well. rethresher is a must to look at, and look for the certification sticker. 05 is the older style cage and cone. I would never buy one unless it was changed. be sure the chopper was updated. I have been through all this sh*t. 105350 has 1200 sep hrs on it and has ALL the updates done (encluding cone and cage)and a color screen and newest best software. I should keep her, but right now it doesn't work. 9120 is a lot different than a 8010 if your coming to iowa, look at her as well.

#3 ·
Draper heads run on some runners that are plastic coated i guess you would stay...kinda like the 1020 heads... steel with a rivited on plastic shield...

also its very easy to lock into rigid mode....

u have to every time you put it on a header trailor so thats not a issue..sometimes starting out you need a block but usually she works like a charm..

Draper heads are worth the money!!! alot of fun to run too.

#4 ·
Thanks guys.......unit has the pro600 and claim all the updates.......biggest problem is they want to throw a JD635F on the front of her........i want a 36' Macdon Flex draper---which they cannot come up with.....

thanks for the tips on what to look our for...much appreciated

Anyone have a line on a 2062 flex draper 36 or even 40' sitting around.....tight supply
Thanks for offer to look at the unit......but that is Ok.....Mach is at the Avoca Iowa Titan store, I'm thinking of going lower hour'd and 06 or 07' if needed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.