The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a used 2007 8010 and its running great however the problem seems to be with the cornhead. We head shell alot of corn unless we close the deck plates all the way. With all the deck plates shut it brings alot of extra material into the machine slowing us down. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with a 3412 head. thought it might be the crop year so we got out the 2208 yesterday and I could really open them up and fly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No its feeding fine. Tried messing with the feeder speed didn't seem to affect it at all. No usually we close them up some in the morning but can open them open after the dew has lifted. This year we are leaving it closed the whole day. Otherwise the head is doing a nice job on the stalk. I just think if I can open up the deck plate and not having it shell corn I could speed up because we aren't putting as much material through the machine.

·
Registered
301 Posts
We had this problem also. Did you try speeding up the head and keeping the same ground speed? It seemed to help us, but the plant matter might have just gotten dryer. The dew seemed to affect this a lot. Especially in high yielding good standing hybrids. None of the under 20% moisture corn had this issue, but the over 20% does seem to have the problem intermittently.

On the plus side I am very happy with the job the 3412 is leaving. Much better than the 12 row non chopping Drago we had last year. Even with the extra material issue this 3412 is much better feeding (no boil in the row units).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are your gathering chains timed to gather or stagered? I am having the same problem and just stagered my chains but it is to muddy to see if it helped. My 2212 aways picked more trashey than I like, stagering chains helps but not enough. this just kills the horsepower and rotor loss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts