The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
No Brian it is not long enough for the 40fts. It is easy to do like we did and put another extention on the extention. Then there is enough room so you dont have to worry about the cart running over the divider. So why the interest are you guys going to replace the 88? I donot think you will replace the cat will you? There will be an IH coming with tracs if you wait.

Frans

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:No Brian it is not long enough for the 40fts. It is easy to do like we did and put another extention on the extention. Then there is enough room so you dont have to worry about the cart running over the divider. So why the interest are you guys going to replace the 88? I donot think you will replace the cat will you? There will be an IH coming with tracs if you wait.

Frans

Uncle retired as of Dec 31 (though he hasn't missed a day yet), he's the 88 owner..........Its stayin.............Stayed tuned

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quote:Is the unload auger (comfortably) long enough?

That depends. An early 8010, probably not without great anxiety while unloading, even with the extension. On a later model ('07 and later), no sweat with the extension.

·
Registered
380 Posts
"I'm sure the custom crews with pro operaters have no trouble at all pulling this of."

Thats a 7010 not an 8010. If you look at their website they don't have any photos of an 8010. Most harvest crews have younger guys running their combines. If they are pros than what is a guy who went on harvest when he was a teen and has been farming himself and harvesting his own crops for years and years. Perhaps a phenom???

·
Registered
301 Posts
Quote:We run an 07' 8010 with a 40 foot header and the auger is long enough to safely dump on the go. My problem is in corn we run an 8 row header and the auger is to long.

I assume you have the 24' auger?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Farmertony, do you think you'll have to brace your auger somehow? On our 2388 after we added the extension we ripped everything to hell, we added an extra rod on top all the way to the end of the auger then also put a large band around the end tube where it bolts together with the main tube. I know there are much heavier now then on the 23 series, I know our 7010 is going to have one 3 foot extension, you never have a problem with yours after adding your second. I will be running a 2162 flex draper so that is why I am wondering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.