The Combine Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
we have several customers on 8row with 8010, we have detuned some rotors with straight bars where the spiked rasp bars are and of course use round bar concaves. The biggest complaint is they feel fuel usage is almost as high as with a 12 row going 4.5 mph

yeah it would be fine you may need to probably detune the rotor
by putting 4 straight bars where the spiked rasp bars are and that would slow down flow as far as rotor loss, put the rasp bars back for wheat but not necessary for beans, run the engine on boost as opposed to power rise to save fuel, good luck

No one has mentioned that 200 bu per acre corn is probably closer to 250 bu per acre as it comes out of the field. It is then dried down to 15% moisture and is called 200 bu per acre. Around here we start harvest in the high 20's and go until done when it is probably in the high teens. It will be difficult to combine at 100% capacity with a 8 row head but you don't have to. I don't run my combine at full capacity because my semi can't keep up. To save a 15 minute wait between loads, I just combine a little slower. This saves fuel and allows me to set the sieves a little tighter. Also there is no problem going through a higher yielding area of the field which might slug something if I was pushing 100% capacity all of the time.

One other thought... We run an 8010 with an 8 row. On a half mile field (1/4) it is easy to put grain on the roof when running auger side in. I can't give you more specifics than that, I only get to run the grain cart.

Ben

We run a 16 row 30 in head on a 8010 and about the only thing that slows us down is the clean grain elevator. I do not think a 8 row head would eat the corn fast enough to keep your combine full enough to do a good job.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.