The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is required to make my john deere gs 2 do the yield mapping and autosteer on my 8010. my 8010 is autosteer ready. Also can i use the pro 600 monitor or do I have to use my 2600 screen. Thanks josh

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
you have to use the pro 600.... im about 99.9 percent sure......

i know there is talk about jd working on software so you can use the gs2's in the case 4 wd's....

not sure what thats about.... but recall reading that... if your autosteer ready then you just need the basics... we use a ez steer and free gps and it does a great job steering the 35ft draper...

i wouldn't pay for a subscription

·
Registered
560 Posts
the Pro 600 cannot use Deere GPS for autosteering. It must use a 162 (with unlock), 252 or 262.

Deere GPS can be used for mapping, but not steering (unless you're running the Pro 600 in lightbar mode, in which case the receiver doesn't matter).

·
Registered
809 Posts
For auto steer with the Pro 600 you will also need a Nav II controller.....another 4500 to 5000 bucks. But with the latest updates in your Pro 600 the system works pretty good. I've used it for a few years harvesting soybeans, lay out a line, then you can cut across anywhere in the field, work into the wind, when you're finishing up a land you don't think the width will all fit in the last pass but it does. If you have an 2007 ( I think) or newer machine some of the auto steer controls are in the propulsion handle, so you don't have to engage the auto steer in the Pro600 touch screen.

As far as saving some money and using a JD system to steer a CIH combine. I doubt if JD comes out with a platform to do this, auto steer with a combine is like driving a tractor backwards. They are aggressively chasing some models of CIH tractor though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts