The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer supplied proper cable to connect outback to combine. Was told they thought it would work. Outback receiver is working and receiving signal in DGPS, but combine is not recognizing it. Have tried everything I can think of, but thought I would run it before you guys before contacting dealer or outback.
GPS location(custom-tried front roof also), have measured and set height and forward offset, connection type CAN-B(have tried all others), but combine won't recognize so I can't get to the DGPS Type screen or any further. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was given instructions by outback tech support to change outback baud rate to 4800 and change a couple of nema ports to 1hz, but it still is a no go. So any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
560 Posts
GPS Location doesn't matter. Custom or Front Roof or Grain Tank will all work the same.

The Outback cannot communicate on the CAN bus. You need to use RS232A (if you're plugged into the 10-pin connector under the RH console), or RS232B if you're plugged directly into the 9-pin connector on the display.

Set the receiver to output NMEA data, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, 38400bps, 1hz, and make sure the GGA message string is turned on.

How do you know that the dealer supplied the correct cabling? What pin on the Outback receiver is the Transmit pin?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got a chance to post back. Thanks torn and others for your input. Changed to rs232a, and went by your other settings and everything has worked great without a hitch. I have not lost signal once, even with front roof mount(had been told might not work because of hopper extensions blocking signal).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts