The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they measure the length? I have read on here that you need 24' auger for 40' head. I measured mine and came to 22' to the tip of the spout. I have 52" ext. and the new spout. Do they consider the throw of grain or how would you get 24' auger?

·
Registered
363 Posts
What I was told by a rep from Case IH is that the length of the auger is measured from the center of the cab to the end of the spout of the auger. This is on the new 88 and 20 series of Axial Flows

·
Registered
53 Posts
We had 24' augers with the Stewert Steel 3' extenders on our 7088s with the 40' 2152's we could get past half-way into the 1282 Brent cart, but barely. The 2010's are in, and this year the factory extensions are 18" longer than last year, should be better but not enough to make up for the larger 800 rubbber that is going to be on the cart tractor this year. Probably going to take back right dual off to be safe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you have to make it 24'? I have the new 52" extention and they put a new style spout on the they say throws it farther. Where do I measure to find 24' from the center of cab or from where the extention bolts to the elbow? I bought the combine and 40' head with the understanding that it would clear the wheels of the cart. I want to make sure they get it right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would put me at 24' pretty close then. I will see what that is but I was not useing the elbow either so I hope I am far enough away from the wild cart driver.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have not looked closely at the new spout, but doubt it will give extra 3 feet like the Stewert extender does. With the new extension, and the Stewert extender the grain should exit the auger 28.5 feet from the centre of the combine. By exit the auger I mean the Stewert throws the grain out the end of the tube, and the factory spout directs it down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts