The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of our harvest pics, Rain and Combine breakdown, spare time to upload some pics.

Harvesting lupins

Unloading lupins to home silo.

Harvesting Faba Beans.

Faba Bean grain

Breakdown harvesting wheat, rotor ingested feeder chain.

Pic shows what came out the back.

Whats left of feeder chain.

Regards Stuart

·
Registered
296 Posts
Stuart , have had the rotor fly to pieces on a gleaner 4 years ago that gives you a thrill! much like this would! i guess in time they may add a third or fourth chain to the elevators to add a bit of safety and strength to it. sure can make a mess when anything happens in this delicate area.
Aussiefarmer

·
Super Moderator
4,011 Posts
Stuart
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Looks like a pretty clean sample. Looks like you have to cut lupins low. Is that a flex-draper, flat country, maybe it doesn't matter? Kinda rocky where the chains laying. Where do you market your pulses and what sort of price this year? I knew Iveco made engines, didn't know they built trucks or is it the same thing?
aussiefarmer, the 8010 does runs 4 chains, your only looking at 1/2 (almost) of the feeder chain.
Thanks for the pics and your time. Hope the rest of harvest goes smoother.

Don

·
Registered
722 Posts
nerfarm, thanks for the impressive shots.
Nice equipment ya got there and that is one clean sample of faba beans in the tank.
Bet the rotor took a few good dings. Time to get into the guts with the sledge hammer!
Hope ya don't find too much bent metal.
How was the noise of threshing steel!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don
Some of the feeder chain got through, took one of the elephant ear plates with it. Quite a bit of concave damage, busted kicker bars off rotor and took out a spreader motor on its way out the back. Machine has gone back to dealers for repairs, rotor has to come out to rebalance. I dont like the design of having only two chains per elevator, a three chain elevator you can lose a link and elevator will stay intact.
cessnaguy
Thanks for your comments, Tim my son was driving, said the whole machine viberated and shook, lucky it was in the cool of the night, I bet there were some sparks flying.

regards Stuart

·
Registered
296 Posts
ahh i see what you mean now Don im guessing another in the middle of these two wont be far away if this continues to happen. Most of the problems we have with US made machines hardly ever makes it back there for improvements. I guess we are a minor market for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aussiefarmer
We ran a Gleaner R62 prior to this machine, had a triple chain on the elevator, after a link coming adrift the chain would stay intact.

Don
They do run 4 chains but 2 seperate elevators, if it were one elevator, bars that went full width with the four chains it might stay together.
The front is not a flex, it is a 2052. most of our farm is fairly flat, and the MD front is very good at floating close to the ground. Lupins are sold into local stockfeed processing market, we also have in a neighboring town 40km away a legume splitting & packing Coop, PeaCo, to which we are members. Prices at moment, lupins 440/tn, lentils 720, faba beans 590, field peas 440, chick peas 570/tn.
Iveco are a European international, they are assembled here in aus in Melbourne, has a Cummins ISX 450hp, eaton 18 sp trans
1999 mod, new to us this year.
TC
Thanks, our yields are pretty poor 0.4 to 0.8/ha, but quality has been good.

Stuart

1 - 10 of 10 Posts