The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to zero the concave but when they get tightened up the bottoms lift on the pins and go to the bottom of the slot causing the concave to lift 1/2. inch what do I do about that?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
pins you are talking about is this where modules lock in on bottom?, remove cover on r/h side of machine, look up above doors will see bolts that hold r/h side in place have seen them get loose or fall out, then zero concave per manual, is this something that just hapened?, we made a switch where you could disconnect wiring to actuator so you could adjust by yourself, other wise it takes two people so ya can see whats going on, make life alot easier, scott.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes pins on bottom. its like the contact point where the bolts go isnt true and just as the bolts get tight the mating surfaces meet and lift bottom of concave off of the pins. i just bought this combine 05 with 700 hrs lots of updates .you told redman to take the 07.can you tell me what other things have changed by 07.dealer said combines are all the same. going to put stiffeners on feeder floor has pro 600 gps heavy bubble up auger as well as some changes in fan drive. I paid 170 canadian with p/u header. combine in excellent cond. deal doesnt sound as good as redmans though. give me more info on helicals, cone and any other improvments. im trying to upgrade to 2010 standards if possibly.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
is cage bent ot twisted, pull modules, rock damage? are modules in pins, they do wear, can be straighted if not to fu;d up, will dealer help? transion cone has helicals all the way around, are transion vanes on left, bet not, its a heck of a job have done it, not as nice as new cage, d**n hard to adjust vanes, control pressure has been a issue, normally is cvt that has warped clutch plates or teflon orings fail, feeder reverer, if it slips, they got a update, cheaper to go with a new one, what does feeder sloor panels look like, case hase heavier one out, feeder chains pita, one loose outher tight, throw both away, been a real issue, wear strips on feeder floor, don't remember if its got sold sheet of poly or 4 wear strips, if ya got more questions email in profile, give me contact number, scott.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Concaves not resting on pins is no big deal. Tape some 3/8 or 7/16 washers with duct tape on top edge of flat surface towards rotor where bolts go thru. When you tighten the bolts up this will force concave down on pins. They all do it. Not a big deal unless you realy want to get concaves zeroed as close as possible. Sometimes necesary in hard thresh conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.