The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had dealer come out and put guage in system-- pressure is good -right around 300 psi-at the same time control pressure on monitor is jumping around from 200-300-we put in a new sensor-worked for about 1 hr and then pressure started jumping all over again-shutting down rotor- every few minutes-i checked wiring from sensor to main connector under grain tank and it seems fine-cleaned up ground as well-is there any way to bypass sensor so i can keep on working-like connecting terminals at connector to make system think pressure is ok--which it is--this is driving me crazy-thks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Same here headed to hydro shop mine doesn't kick out anything except hydro system like the 4wd would be in and out probably doing this before I bought it for a while, Friday morning drove out the shop in reverse when I went forward sheared splines off the hydro motor on trans, have pump and motor headed to hydro shop, took off control pressure box will clean maybe change two valves on box will assemble everything check control pressure pump and flow rate, let me know what you find

·
Registered
108 Posts
Manual pressure gauge shows good pressure while the rotor and feeder is running? If a cvt is failing then you can get clutch material plugging your suction filters. Which causes erratic pressure readings.(cavitation). There is a control pressure relocate kit depending on your year of combine. Monitor control pressure while engaging rotor, seperator, feeder, unloader clutch and stall hydro out. Which ever one pulls down control pressure more is your likely culprite.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup--checked all i kneww how to do--finally was able to get tech to come out--when rotor would not engage at all--he had a nice little troubleshooting guide--after about 4 hrs figured out that the problems were all connected--the rtf code which is the solenoid that actuates the rotor finally quit completely which made it a bit easier to figure out--there was a broken wire somewhere between the connector under the grain tank and the rtf solenoid--the control pressure sensor wiring is also in that same bunch of wires so we spliced in neww wires and life seems good at least for today--does anyhbody know how to get there hands on those little troubleshooting computor discs he had shoved into his computor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.