The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to post this and try and get an anwser before wheat harvest. Last fall while running our 8010 goin down the field it would just completly quit. If you let the computer fully shut down then restart the combine it would work fine. I dont remember seeing any fault codes flash before it quit. It did that quite a few times last fall in beans and while doin corn. Anyone else have trouble like this or know a cause? Im a case tech but dont have much expierence on the 8010 electrical stuff yet so it over my head

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check the head of the lower fuel filter, the one besided the tank. We found plastic shavings from the tank were stuck in the head of this filter assembly causing a shortage of power after harvesting for different amounts of time.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Check the wiring harnesses for rubbing. Look real close around the engine compartment we had one that only rubbed when the engine fan would blow it into contact with a frame. Check all the harness connections and make sure they are locked together and not just plugged in.

What model year you having trouble with? What monitor is in the machine?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the machine is an 05 with the afs 200 screen not the pro 600. We also had problems with the plastic shavings in the bottom of the tank. we had to pull the plug out the bottom and drain it. i have not wrote in to assist yet but will give it a shot today. thanks for the info so far

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no you will be combining down the field everything working as it should and then bam just shuts down, no warning or anything. Happened to me one day doing soybeans right when i was turning on the end of the feild. Um i know last summer my brother was filling it with fuel and didnt put the cap backl on and it sucked alot of crap into the tank but we changed fuel filters quite a few times since then. I will get the fault codes out of the monitor 2marow and see if i can come up with anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My son forgot to put the fuel cap back on one day on our 8010. We changed filters 3 times in the following couple of days. We never got raid of the problem until one night we drove it home and drained all the fuel out into a sliptank. We had a 12V pump and filter on the sliptank. I pumped fuel back into it and kept the fuel draining out at the same time. There was parts of wheat chaff that was plugging the hole coming out of the tank.(disconnected fuel line from bottom of tank before I started flushing)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wrote into assist and they said the same thing, could be more plastic fillings in the bottom of the tank, couple fuses not connected all the way in the cab, or bad key switch. will do some checking 2marow after work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts