The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just out combining tonight and on last pass when I turned the corner everything in the combine just went dark, then flashed on and off erratic. Engine burped like it lost electrical signal as well, computer was flashing all kinds of errors etc, so I shut it down and restarted. All seemed fine until I moved and then the lights flashed and engine burped again and I got an error E-1685-12 Recovery which is suspended, Bad intelligent device. I don't think it was talking about the driver so I shut it down. Checked the active errors and there were none buts lots in the history, will have to phone in the morning but looking for thoughts as it almost seemed like an electrical short or disconnect happenend. Need about 3 more days out of her before we are done, Oh yeah its a 07 8010
Curt

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Talked to my dealer this morning before I went out and he mentioned to check battery cables, I did and that was the problem, sort of, the pulley on the end of the chopper drive broke off the shaft and landed on top of the back battery pos terminal, hence my electrical issues.
Little more than a loose wire but didn't have to hunt for a loose connection!
Curt

·
Registered
26 Posts
The power cable that feeds the cab should be checked. It’s easy to spot because it is covered with red nylon conduit. This cable is located on the LH side of the chassis and goes to the 12/24 swap relay on the LH side of the machine towards the rear. The cable enters the cab and hooks directly to the fuse/relay block located in the LH rear corner of the cab, you will spot it when you open the compartment cover. I would also check the ground strap to the cab. It is located behind the LH side of the cab. If those look OK I would look for the grounds that feed the controllers inside the cab.(CCMs) They are under the buddy seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts