The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2005 8010 kept plugging with corn leaves between the fan and the sieves where there is what i call a couple air diverters that directs the air to the top and bottom sieves. We did put the shields on below the fan and on the sides. Seemed to help until we picked some corn in January in the snow. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
423 Posts
i had the same problem with my 7010 this last year this was my third 7010 case should put finer screen around the fan i hop that are7120 will be better this year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
we had the same thing going on with our 8010. Leaves got in and wrapped around the shaft on the side of fan, put a ton of pressure on it. The fan blew up along with the hydraulic motor, definitely not a good day. We put chicken wire around the sides of the cages. But with the self leveling sieves we couldn't figure out how to get anything on there to close it up. What did you use to cover the sides of your up?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We never even had the cages until the end of harvest, never knew they even existed. We found out that earlier models didnt have them. We found a set at a salvage yard and it helped a lot. But think that i still will put some mesh or chicken wire over them this summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts