The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have to rebuild the feeder slip clutches on our 8010's every year it seems. This year we may have left one a little too long. Usually we just replace the fiber disks,set the torque and we are good to go but this year some of the steel separator disks are burn blue. We went to get parts and the dealer tells me that they are not available separate, I will have to buy the whole basket assy. Seems crazy! Has anyone else ran into this?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
redtech, there is a updater assy that was cheaper than fixing old gear box, parts wise i will do some checking, what year machine, scott.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We put in a whole new gearbox. We let ours go too long also it was cheaper to buy the whole gearbox vs the parts. They told us that they use a new style of clutch in the new gearbox. Also they told us that our software will need to be updated so the new clutch will work right. it must adjust something int he cvt drives

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scott. Our machines are 06 models. We have updated to the new friction disk clutch earlier. The dealer is trying to sell us pn 8753681 assembly but when I look at the parts breakdown Im sure the steel disks I need are listed as pn 87536806. Im going to question the parts mgr next week and get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
redtech are you changing the oil yearly and what oil are you using, it sounds like they are running real hot and make sure the software is changed to allow for the different slip clutch that`s important, good luck

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
cornstalks makes a good point what version of software do you have, case has had issues, sometimes newer software wasn't the answer, upgrading caused some issues, i believe its been resolved know, when you get time go into pro 600 and let us know what you have, will follow up, scott.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Had this on our 8010 and brother in laws 8010 2004's. Same price to buy a restored one or to fix one. Watched them fix one can't say it was that hard, but you have to know how. Don't know why the cost is so high to rebuild one. Parts can't be that high can they?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts