The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Are you talking about the pan that's under the rotor?
My 07 8010 had a grain pan that was cracked on the right side, not easy to see but it was there. It was repalced before corn harvest. I had the combine at the shop long before harvest so the job was done on rainy and slow days. I saw all the parts on the floor. They took it out the back. I think they pulled all the seives and rails. I don't think they took the hyd.spredder off the back. If you don't get a better answer I'll stop by the shop and ask the guy who did the job. I think they replaced the pans in 2 or 3 other 8010's. What year is your machine and why are you replacing it?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
we did this to our 07 7010 big job but didn't take us that long. we don't have a chopper so don't no if that would make it harder.. we dropped the sieve box down as far as it could go took the spreaders off undid the pan and slide it over the top of the sieves and sieve box was hard and took some time but we had it out in about 3 or 4 hrs with 2 blokes. the sieve box will move about 3inchs down this makes it enough to get it out.
is some little thing you can do to help it come out we took the pan rubbers off the ruber flaps along the side i mean.
Worked for us if you want to PM me i could tell you some more but i tell you it can be done.
sorry I don't have any pics but i get my mech mate to get on a tell his version of the event.
the biggest thing is to get in and start that why it took us so long because we kept thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
our cracks came up at about 1000hrs not good but we are about to pass the whole problem on to someone else trading it on a deere.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i believe there is an update for that. my dealer put one in my 08. i havent seen it yet, but i think its a brace support that is mounted underneath the grain pan.

·
Registered
656 Posts
on our 07 it cracked at 450 hrs. we got with our dealer rep they know they had problems and they took care of our's free of charge. put in new one labor and parts no charge. no problems with new one .

·
Registered
809 Posts
Take the right side panels off. Mine was cracked along the right side of the pan. I think the crack ran front to back and not across the pan? It was not the easiest to see but it was there.

·
Registered
656 Posts
our pan was cracking side to side towards the front behind the rubber flap didn't notice at first until we cleaned it off. started out small crack and got bigger. we wire welded ours to get through the year then dealer put in new one . free of charge no problem with new one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts