The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Case chopping head wouldn't go a day without breaking down so dealer brought us a folding geringhoff. Really like this head.

Our bin site a couple miles away.

An irrigated yield. Of course not average yield.

·
Super Moderator
4,011 Posts
Quote: I don't know what was so hard about just putting a spring loaded flap on the end to keep it from dribbling out.
You and everyone else that ran an 07 CNH. What a piece of...um...er... junk. It was beyond junk anyway.
New post, now Combiness friendly!

Don

·
Registered
809 Posts
Actually the design flaw is in the angle of the plastic on the end of the unload, when the unload is extended and unloading....the plastic is too flat.......and then as you fold the auger back in the angle changes and it dumps the grain off the plastic......I bet the guy that came up with it measured the angle when it was folded on the combine.

On hopefully a better subject, how do you get along with your MacDon/CIH draper? A 36 footer? Doesn't look like an 07 but your combine does, you buy it used?

Looks like the 252 GPS receiver on the tank, you run any guidance stuff with the machine?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Does your unload auger dump corn when you fold it back?

Nice looking ext. on the grain tank, how many added bu. and who makes it. Actually it looks like a totally different ext. is it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes the auger does leak corn out all the time. case is supposed to be coming up with a solution. I don't know what was so hard about just putting a spring loaded flap on the end to keep it from dribbling out. The extension is a Mauer and it puts the total capacity up to about 450 bu. or a little more.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The draper is an 07. They came out with the new series right after we bought this one so we'll run it for a couple years. Works great after we got it set right. It is a 252 reciever as we run autosteer in the combine for beans. Tried it in corn but it just won't hold the row good enough.

·
Registered
36 Posts
redsdfarmer,

Did you notice much difference in the power used between the Case chopping head and the Geringhoff Rota Disc? The 4th picture from the bottom, the stalks sticking out of the ground look like tire eaters. The case head looks flatter. Besides the breaking down all the time, what else was the big differences between the two heads. Gerinhoff seems to be getting quite name for how they take care of people.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Corn was anywhere from 130 to 150 in dryland. The Geringhoff seems to take less power than the case head. The rota disk actually is easier on tires because they blow the stalk up more instead of cutting it clean. Ran stalk stompers on the case head but the geringhoff people told us there is no need for them on their head. So in a nutshell i like the job the geringhoff does over the lawn mower blades.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts