The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos of our harvest. Things are going well just came out of a week of morning rains. Things are really starting to get going in our area. We are pretty lucky the 8010 is keeping right up with the crops ripening. We are running both a 2162 draper and a 2020 flex. We are scared of drapers but so far have been very impressed. I am tired of switching back and forth for comparisons.

http://img248.imageshack.us/i/p8150021.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/i/p8140006.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The leveling sieve is helpful. We have many hills the hillside isn't enough for and you still are leveled over. We have been very happy with the combine. I misspoke earlier when I said it was a 2162 head it is actually a 2062. If anyone looks at this post, the right hand real keeps hitting the end divider. Is this an issue with these headers and if so whats the recommended fix?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you have room on the left end, you can shift the whole reel over by backing off the bolts on the center support and give it a LIGHT pull CAREFULLY with your pickup truck or whatever you have handy and tighten it back up. The holes are slotted to allow some adjusting. That's what I did in the field and worked great after it was centered again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is the leveling sieve a original or aftemarket thing, I haven't seen it on AF's before.
Could you please give some details when you get some time off the hills ;-)
Does it work both side and fore/after? and I wonder if you can get it to older machines.

Awesome picies..

·
Registered
71 Posts
</blockquote>

Option 2: Image Shack has the code to copy & paste. On the right hand side, copy the "Forum" code under Embed this image.

Don't want to resize the image copy and paste the "Forum" code under Embed thumbnails of this image.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was hoping 98j would chime in I remember him saying something about the fix but I looked back and couldn't find it. I will look for the slotted bolts but I am wondering if there are bushings somewhere that have gone bad. Does anyone know if the 2162's have a better reel stand system? Thank you for the picture info I will see if I can figure that out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The leveling sieve is standard. It is more a leveling cleaning system then just the sieve. The entire fan, shaker pan, upper and lower sieve all level. I do believe that there is a kit available for older machines. I know they are produced locally and I could find information if you are interested. They are only for left and right leveling.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey I just figured it out. Thanks

Here is one of the draper.

This is overlooking my hometown. The NEW neighbors moved in with 6 8120, 2 Bankouts and 8 Semis. This is very unusual in our area since the fields are so small. None of the locals are to happy with this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.