The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Resume switch on my hydro handle quit working today. Now when I press resume to lift the head it goes all the way up. I can reset it and it will work once then it starts to raise the head all the way up again. Sometimes when I try to set it when I let it all the way down and press the 1 then raise to the height I want and press the 2 it drops to the ground. Any ideas? It works fine lowering the head. It just will not stop at the preset height.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just a guess. Make sure the cord is plugged into the head. Then maybe you could do a header cal. Drop and hold the head all the way to the ground and then push and hold the head up. It should raise about 2 feet and then stop for a moment before raising up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
happened to me also, but happened when i hit the resume switch quick twice in a row....kinda gets out of sinc............used the manual hdr down to lower to ground, hit the #1AHH button and then the +/-..........from there on the resume worked fine again as should

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took the head off today and calibrated the feeder position sensor. Resume switch still does not stop the head at predetermined height. Sometimes when I try to set the upper height when I push the #2 button the head drops to the ground. I think it must be a software problem because the manual raise works fine and I would assume that it uses the same valve. Every time I set the upper limit it works one time then the next time it raises to full height instead of stopping.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you have a macdon front try disconnecting your float control potentometer and see if it will work.I have had this trouble before.The potentiometer might need manually adjusting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a way to reset the two heights so it will clear all info from memory. If I remember correctly if you raise feeder all the way up and hit the 1 and 2 position button it will clear those positions out. Then a person should be able to set your heights again where you want them. I might have to talk to the service guys on that but I think thats what they told me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts