The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new to us 8010. Its a 2007 with all the updates.

Tried some corn today it was running from 200-230 bpa at 24%.
Throwing corn out the back. setting are pre seive 3 notch. Bottom sieve all the way open. Rotor 280-450. roundbar 2 on left side large wire on front then roundbar middle and skip wire on concave. Messed with the concave settings too I'm running it about 5 now. Kept getting corn in the fan. Messed with preseive and top seive. Had the top seive all the open and one point still throwing corn out the rear. Fan is running 1150. Mechanic was out all afternoon scratching his head too. Somebody suggested closing the bottom sieve a big mistake clogged the fan and the fins blew apart. So what setting should I run to make this thing work?

·
Registered
39 Posts
We are running an 8010 in 230 bus. corn 23%. 4 round bar concaves, rotor 260-310,concave 6-7, fan 1150,preseive 4, top screen 18,bottom 15. Concaves are shifted all the way to the right. Machine doing excellent job,clean sample, very little loss.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another note. new 3412 corn head. Have to tighten stripper plates down all the way so I dont butt shell corn. If I could open them up some it would take care of my mog issue with the combine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
few things to check for...... if your machine and the sieve degrees are the same at level and at level are 0, calibrate your sieves so that they always tilt to the left 1.5 degrees (drive the machine on the side of the road so it is tilting to the left). Make sure your machine is level from front to back. when we got our first 8010 a couple years ago the back axle was in the top position on the hubs and we were always filling the fan with corn. we have the big 28L-26's on the back and we are running in the bottom holes now. Pre sieve in position 5 and the bottom sieve you can run at about 18-20. top sieve 18. should work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Started my 7120 today. Doing a nice job. Corn 180-230BPA. 21-24%. Running around 4mph.85-95%on power. 3412 head. Deck plates 2 position from closed. Feeder speed 550. Rotor 340.Concaves #30.(little over one inch )2 round bars on left. Large wire front right,round bar second right. Skip wires in the separator crates. 4 concave curtains. 2 left ,2 right.8 bars on rear of rotor over the crates. Pre cleaner 4 notch from closed. Chaffer 18, Sieve 15, fan 1100. Very little tailings. Funnels 100 for tailings, 30 for sieves ,30 for rotor.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They attach to the top of concaves with 2 bolts. They hang down about 12inches. Keeps grain from building up on outside of grain-pan.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Rotor or shoe loss? They do struggle in high moisture corn, so you're not alone. Which rotor is in machine - AFX or Small Tube? What is tailings volume? Unless it was already done by dealer or former owner, do as redsdfarmer says and calibrate shoe to tilt left 1-2 degrees to help shoe losses due to tailings processor.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you had both sieves all the way open then you got rotor loss.

My new 7010 was terrible for rotor loss from the factory. I added 4 straight bars to the rear separator area and it helped but not as good a job as a 2388. This year I am going with 8 straight bars in the back. If you don't have any straight bars in the back like it comes from the factory it will do a poor job in high yielding corn. The corn version of a 2388 has 8 straight bars.

The old 1460 had big straight bars across the whole key stock grate separator area. It did a great job in corn. The old International engineers knew what they were doing. The new rotors from case can pump allot of wheat and grass threw it but I not impressed with the performance in high moisture high yielding corn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts