The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the fan with corn. Corn is around 27%, have a 12-30 drago on her and cant go a full round without corn backing up and plugging the fan..........Mechanic is comming monday, were picking with the lexion for now.....

Anyone have any pointers? Rotore is running around 400, concave I beleive is around 12. Fan (when not plugged with corn) is around 1100. Upper sieve is at 18, lower 15, presieve is 4th notch from machine side (cant beleive this isn't controled from the cab, CMON Case!)

Thanks, Im told the 8010 should smoke the lexion 575 in corn, still waiting for it to happen!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am doing corn at 30-35 %. Rotor at 320, concaves at 12 and pre-sieve is set on the third notch. Running aroun 3 to 3.5 mph with 12 row Case chopping head in corn that is 150-180 bpa. I had the pre-sieve on 4 also and plugged the fan then went to the third notch and haven't plugged since. Also, am using the round bar concaves and they are staying clean as well. Good Luck!

·
Registered
111 Posts
First of all your settings... bottom sieve open it all the way to 20 and top leave at 18.. leave the pre sieve at the 4th notch.. run the rotor between 320-360 and the fan at 1050 give or take.. Also bank your sieve 1 to 2 degrees .. we run alot of 30 % corn with a 12 row .. another thing to you just have to slow down and not push it when its that wet wet corn moves alot slowers

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks fella's.

We bought a long toothed top sieve (helped some), but it didn't........Shoulda read here sooner, round bar concave, uhh...."module" is comming tommarow.

"take the bottom sieve out" hmm, i like that! Not too many doing corn full bore here yet.......Just calibrated the YM with scaled grain cart........Callibration pass was at 220 bpa with 27% down to 15 already figured........Its gunna be a looooong harvest with mucho propane......

FWIW: contract your propane now, only problem might be getting it later!!!!

Thanks and good luck

PS: Lexions running fine Not giving up hope with big red, but so far a little dissapointed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
we've had problems plugging the fan on our 7010and suggest the following. We open the presieve so only clean grain can go through it. we than bent the 2 fins on the shoe sieve that the presieve dumps wide open so this clean grain goes right through into the clean grain pan This than allows us to open the chaffer to the position that allows some unthrashed material through and use the shoe sieve to clean and seperate and control the amount of tailings. In fact a friend pulled the first to sets of fins out of the shoe. We think that taking all the material that goes through the presieve and dumping it on the first 4 inchs of the shoe allows the grain to flood forward into the fan and this is the way we are trying to solve the problem. It allows for a cleaner sample and more capacity than either removing the shoe or running the presieve too closed Just what we are think Ivan

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think we have 3 round bar modules in, I'll crack open the side on the 8010 and look later today.

EDIT Note: Yes, I do have 3 round bars in. On the right side I have one in the second position. On the left side I have 2......in the first and second position. The round bars do break up the cobs some but I sure do like them for the sample I'm getting, for staying clean/open, and for threshing the grain.

Running in 30% plus corn.
Bottom sieve at 21 plus..........it's just along for the ride this year, I don't want to clean with it and send any corn around to get chewed up.
Top sieve at 18....when setting it I open it until I get more cob than I like and then I close it a little. We also look at cob in the sample after the dryer, it takes alot of cob from the combine to see it after the dryer.
The rotor speed is at 320-330, this is where we are getting the least amount of damaged corn.
Our concave reading is 6 to 7, if you open it too much trash can set on the concaves or plug the concaves.
Fan at 1000.
Pre-sieve is at 3.
Like I've said on here before, I have filled the fan up by messing around with my bottom sieve and closing it too much.
Another thing to watch for is your monitor changing your settings. I don't know if it is the ACS that does it but I know when I started the machine one morning all my setting were like I was harvesting the 20% corn that we ran thru last year and not the current settings......I probably pushed a button or something though.
With the corn 30% plus I've had plenty of time to look at the ground, the combine, and the harvested corn and make adjustments.
For the moisture of the corn we are getting a pretty nice sample out of the combine.
Going to be a long harvest.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm running 3 round bar modules and 1 skip wire in the right front. After that we run all skip wires. We also run 4 straight bars on the rotor. We also run spiked tooth rasp bars in the other four spots where the straight bars would go. The vanes over the concaves are in the middle position. The vanes over the back are in the fast position. We run this for corn and beans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts